It is rightly said that “Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise”. Hence, getting sound and proper sleep is very much essential to maintain proper healthy living and lifestyle with no stress. In recent days, most of the people have trouble getting sound sleep. Hence, you can consider following some of the tips on proper sleep at night given by emagrecendo.info/vida-saudavel/:
- Avoid the use of any sort of electronic gadgets like mobile phones, television, smartphones, tablets, computer, and laptop at least an hour before you go to bed to sleep.
- Try to switch off the lights while sleeping, as in the absence of the clarity, production of melatonin is increased and hence you tend to sleep well. But, if this is not possible you can make use of the sleeping mask to create darkness.
- Avoid consuming any fried or fatty foods for dinner or before bedtime.
- You should also avoid eating sweets at night.
- Do not have drinks or beverages which act as a stimulant, such as some varieties of tea, coffee, and cold drinks (soft drinks) before or near bedtime.
- However, consumption of tea with sweet fennel, chamomile, mint, and mulungu will help in enhancing sleep.
Why is sleep essential? This is because, when we sleep, we take rest, but our body is working and all the functions are active such as neurological, immune system, muscular, endocrine, digestion process and other processes are renewed when we sleep.
Another reason to get good sleep is that when we are deprived of good sleep, our memory has some shortfall, we suffer from a headache, get irritated and experience fatigue. This can result in lower productivity in our working. Less sleep is directly related to the hormonal balance which facilitates many health problems, like, body fat accumulation, hypertension of arteries, non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus, and stroke.